Monday, June 18, 2012

What a little girl wants?

Ice-cream Appliques
boden inspired tee

Ice cream? Actually ice-cream that never melts.
Our sweet toothed fashionista demanded this tee while flipping through the pages of Mini Boden catalog.

ice cream applique

Here's a closeup for you in case the earlier image wasn't tempting enough. It was the first time she asked me to make something for her and then accompanied me to my sewing nook and messed with my sewing supplies watched patiently while I cut and ironed the appliques. Of course! her patience ran out by the time I ironed them on the tee, so I had to sew them later after she wore it to the store and added some very realistic chocolate stains on it. Lets just say it took some creative thinking to get her out of the tee to sew around the appliques and take the pictures.

I'm loving this stage when she can tell me exactly what she wants. Hoping for many more sweet things to sew.


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Adorable--love the cherry on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm I'm thinking your little girl is going to pullout a stck o solidsfor you to cusomize for her! Thank you for sharing at LIKE GRAMMA'S HOUSE BLOG AND STRIGTOWN HOME..
    Jonell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to see if I have time to make this before my daughter's ice cream party on Saturday. Adorable. On the "to do" list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how very cute love the violet and ice cream motiff

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute! and so lovely that your daughter could request (and Get) exactly what she wanted!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so cute, Anshu. I've featured your Ice Cream top today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/07/threading-your-way-features_14.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)